It is now a federal requirement that all emergency personnel complete the first level of the Incident Command System (ICS), provided by FEMA. As a ski patroller for NSP, we fall into this category.
As patrollers, we only need to complete the introductory course, ICS 100. This course can be fully completed online.
Click this LINK, and you will be taken to the FEMA training website.
- you will be required to create an account with FEMA
- suggestion – use your NSP number as part of your account set up
- to receive credit, you MUST also sign-up with NSP.org for this course
- NSP course number for 2019 is: E109190019
- you may wish to download/print the ICS-100 student manual, which you can refer to during the exam
- this course will take approximately two hours
You will receive a FEMA certificate, which needs to be sent to our Patrol Director, Beaver Brown.